Exposure to mold in your home can cause a range of symptoms, which can vary depending on the type of mold, the extent of exposure, and individual sensitivity. Some common symptoms of mold exposure include:
- Allergic reactions: Allergic reactions are the most common symptoms of mold exposure, and they can include sneezing, a runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash.
- Respiratory problems: Mold can irritate the lungs and cause respiratory problems such as coughing, wheezing, and shortness of breath. People with pre-existing respiratory conditions, such as asthma, may experience more severe symptoms.
- Headaches: Mold exposure can cause headaches, especially in people who are sensitive to environmental irritants.
- Fatigue: Mold exposure can also cause fatigue and weakness.
- Nausea and dizziness: Some people may experience nausea, dizziness, or other flu-like symptoms as a result of mold exposure.
- Cognitive impairment: In rare cases, exposure to certain types of mold can cause cognitive impairment, memory loss, or confusion.
If you suspect that you are experiencing symptoms of mold exposure, it is important to seek medical attention to determine the cause of your symptoms. Additionally, it is important to address any mold problems in your home to prevent further exposure. A professional mold remediation company can help identify and safely remove any mold in your home.